You know the taste of fresh snow? Well… It is so cold outside, I had that taste in my mouth. No snow though. I knew that Oklahoma would be colder than California, but the reality has been served on an ice platter. 🙂 So far we have had two ice storms, snow twice, and hail once (that I remember). The weather is welcoming us to a new time in our lives. I was one of the few who wore scarves in a crowd, now I find they are the norm on the full coat rack at work. All this to say. It is cold people!! Really cold! So a lovely thing for cold weather is hot tea!
This month is the National Hot Tea Month. This fact and the fact that I could not feel my legs while walking my dog, I decided to share my favorite teas of the moment. (Because let’s be honest, they will change every now and again.)
- All Time Favorite: Earl Grey, particularly from Twinnings
- Best herbal tea: Caramel Almond Amaretti (my current drink)
- Best Rooibos tea: Christmas Rooibos: which I just ran out of, need to buy more. Also to me it tastes like a Christmas Carol, weird I know, but it does…
- Best Tea Combo: CocoCaramel Sea Salt with Gyokuro Genmiacha Green Tea. Recipe: steep the 1.5 tsp of the herbal for 5 min. Then add a couple of ice cubes and 1 tsp of the green tea and steep for another 2-3 minutes. Add a bit of sweetener and a splash of half and half, and you have yourself a Tea White Russian. So yummy!!!
- Best tea you can find at a regular grocery story: Vanilla Caramel by Bigelow. Believe me it is good especially in the Fall.
What are your favorite teas? These are just a few of the teas I own and love, but they are “empties” I continue to replenish. Have a lovely day, and stay warm!